Before going to discuss Web Developer Job Description, First, we need to understand who the web developers are. By reading this article, you can easily write a web developer job description.
Who are the Developers?
Web developers are professionals who create and manage various web applications and websites. Web developers develop basic software and databases, and also collaborate on the interface and visual design.
The main task of a web developer is to develop reliable, efficient, and high-performance applications and services that are accessible via the Internet.
A web developer is responsible for the innovative design and layout of the office along with the coding. They have to build a website from concept and complete them, all the way from the bottom to up.
However, the roles of web developers vary from organization to organization.
Web Developer Job Description
Our company is looking for a skilled web developer who will be responsible for designing and/or designing the website for our company. You will work with a team of other developers to create, maintain, and update our website.
Basic roles, duties & responsibilities of Web Developers
So, what does a web developer do? Here are the key roles, duties, responsibilities, or functions performed by web developers:
- Meet and liaise with clients to discuss projects and progress
- As a web developer, Give technical advice and recommendations
- Produce, demonstrate, and receive feedback on ideas
- As a web developer, Create website designs in collaboration with animators, writers, and programmers
- Work as a team with sound engineers, video producers, artists, animators, and writers
- As a web developer, Launch and test websites for any possible error and make amendments
- Use software like Photoshop and other designing software
- As a web developer, Liaise with account managers and technical staffs
- Produce and present finished design to clients
Duties and responsibilities of web developers vary largely depending on whether they are in private practice or are working under an organization.
Required skills or Job Specifications for Web Developers
Web development is an ever-expanding field with new emerging challenges and opportunities every day.
To be a competent web developer, the candidate must constantly evolve and develop new skills to increase their chances of getting hired. Here are some skills one must possess to be an effective web developer:
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant field
- A good eye for detail
- Time management skills
- Multitasking ability
- Ability to lead a team
- Creative designing sense
- Strong knowledge of core languages
- Problem-solving approach and ability
Qualification and Training for Web Developers
Graduates from any academic background can pursue their career as a web developer as long as you have the right experience and skills.
A degree in related fields such as web design, or computer science will set you up for entry in web development. Post-Graduation Degree in a related technical field will be an added advantage.
Although the work prospects are open to all competent graduates, the following list of degrees is especially relevant:
- Computer science
- Software engineering
- Web design and development
- Graphic design
Employers of Web Developers
- IT Companies-Software Houses
- Film Studios
- Advertising Agencies
- Finance and insurance companies
- Retail Businesses
- Manufacturing Businesses
- Housing and real estate Companies
- Business Outsourcing Agencies
While writing a web developer job description, you need to mention the complete job description and salary and education required by your company.
Above mentioned JD can be used for the below-mentioned designations as well after little modification.
- Front end web developer job description
- Web application developer job description
- Web designer/developer job description
- Junior web developer job description
- WordPress web developer job description
Our Related Articles