Social media managers are individuals responsible for executing a company’s social media and e-marketing strategies, increasing brand awareness, producing inbound traffic and motivating product adoption. Social media managers have to coordinate and collaborate with the marketing and advertising team, and PR teams to assist in the meeting of the group and individual objectives.
As a Digitel media manager, you will have to drive quality traffic, lead and boost your online reputation and sales. If you have good organizational skills along with strong interpersonal and communication skills, a career as a social media manager will be suitable for you.
Basic roles, duties, responsibilities of social media manager-SMM
So, what does a social media manager do? Here we have summed up basic roles, duties or responsibilities carried out by social media managers:
- Administer the generation and publication of original, good quality and relevant content
- Assess and improve organizational development components that are beneficial for improving content
- Create a routine publication schedule
- Devise and execute a content editorial calendar to manage content
- Advertise and promote content through social media advertising
- Work in collaboration with other department heads such as digital marketing manager, customer experience manager
- Oversee the daily activities of the social media marketing department
- Supervise budget and campaign costs
- Assess the efficiency of social media marketing strategies and projects
As a social media manager, you have to deal with many functions and also have to work extra hours often due to the aggressive market situation and competition.
- Retail and wholesale trade
- Business and corporate organizations
- Government and public bodies
- Advertising agencies
- Insurance and finance companies
- E-commerce businesses
Digital media has evolved as the most powerful mode of communication all over the world. All companies aim to capitalize on it and therefore hire a social media manager to increase their brand consciousness and increase sales.
Qualification and Training
This field is open to graduates from any education background, but a degree in the following fields will give you an edge over others:
- Business management
- Public relations
- Marketing and advertising
A degree or equivalent work experience is necessary to get a break in a very spontaneous e-commerce industry. Aspiring candidates with a 4 years bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, marketing or a related field such as advertising is favoured. Given the vital responsibilities of the position, the candidate also needs to have quite a few years of work experience in this field.
Networking is very fundamental in this field. Work experience is also very essential in this field as it makes you familiar with the working process and helps you set up networks.
Required skills or job specifications for social media managers
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of online or digital marketing
- Fluency in English
- A good eye for detail
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- Multitasking and leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Aptitude for creativity and originality
- Ability to forecast the future and make plans
» Our Other Articles «
- How to write a Job Description | Best Practices 2020-2021 |
- What is the Job Description of the Administrative Assistant| Updated Details
- How to Write a Resume | Latest CV Format | Mistakes to Avoid