In this article, We will write a Manufacturing Engineer Job Description sample and template for the general role, you can change as per your own requirement according to the position.
Our company is hiring an industrial engineer for our manufacturing plant. Manufacturing Engineer will assist in the development, design, and implementation of automated manufacturing lines/systems.
Basic Responsibilities of Manufacturing Engineer:
The Manufacturing Industrial Engineer will perform all or some of the following responsibilities:
- He/She will develop assembly processes.
- As a Manufacturing Engineer, Design/develop automated equipment and processes layouts.
- Design/develop fixtures & tooling for a variety of assembly tasks for manufacturing.
- As a Manufacturing Engineer will implement industrial automation, new product launches, and lean manufacturing concepts.
- He will also inspect product manufacturing, develop appropriate assembly processes, and plan appropriate tools/fixtures/gauges to achieve assembly cost targets.
Required Knowledge / Skills For Manufacturing Engineer
This is the most important part of the Manufacturing Engineer Job Description, you must need to mention your minimum requirements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years minimum experience Industrial Engineering specifically around automated manufacturing line layout, design, and management (process mapping, time & motion study, layout, people/material/equipment flow, and efficiency analysis).
- Must have experience in the application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methods
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- The Manufacture Engineer should have experience with MS Visio 2d CAD software
- Experience with 3d Create simulation software a plus
- He/She should have strong project management and organizational skills
- He/She should demonstrate the ability to work across cultures
- Strong motivational and leadership qualities demonstrated in a product creation/manufacturing environment
- The Manufacturing Engineer should be a proficient problem solver with an innate ability to deal with ambiguity
- Possess the ability to lead multiple complex projects at one time and prioritize work according to the potential impact
- Effective project and resource management experience with a proactive approach to team-specific issues
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time.