UNDP works to eradicate poverty and reduce inequalities through the sustainable development of nations, in more than 170 countries and territories
UNDP Latest Jobs in Pakistan
UNDP is spreading its support to the govt of Khyber Pakhtun Khwa (KP) within the integration of KP tribal districts and is functioning with the Provincial Command and center (PCCC) to strengthen COVID-19 management capacity also as design potential interventions at the district level. As a neighborhood associate, you’ll spend most of some time working within the newly established District COVID-19 Response Command & Control Centers (CCC).
At UNDP in Pakistan, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in decisions and actions that affect the lives of millions of Pakistanis. We encourage all qualified men and women to apply for vacancies with us for UNDP Pakistan. We value the efficiency, capability, and integrity, and hire staff with suitable qualifications without distinction on race, gender, religion, or the opposite discriminating factor. We strongly encourage women to apply.
You will be liable for working with district officials (especially DCs and DHOs) to supply IT support to facilitate the implementation of response plans also as reporting back to central CCC in Peshawar on progress and support needs. You will also involve with various UN agencies with the same field operations also as other NGOs active within the district involved in COVID-19 response for coordination of activities. This post provides you a singular opportunity to be an integral part of Pakistan’s COVID-19 response within the Merged Areas of KPK.
The District officer will provide IT support to enhance the crisis management capacity of the district, Merged Areas, and as a focal point for coordination for all stakeholders, i.e., UN agencies and field operations.
Day to day supervision: Provincial Team Lead, Provincial COVID-19 Command Centre.
He/ She shall be required to:
- Engage local district administrations for information dissemination about COVID-19 in their respective districts through the communication channels and sources in reaching audiences of different areas of merged districts.
- Facilitate/Assist in the development of district-level information and dissemination plans for maximizing information/communication reach the maximum population with the most accurate and credible information.
- Assist in getting the relevant line departments to manage the operation of COVID-19 isolation centers and support line departments to equip the staff therein.
- Assist in the management of the district COVID-19 command center processes and routine activities.
- Assist in the effective engagement of local NGOs and CSO in coordination and communication about COVID-19 response in the field, alongside gathering the field response and statistics about multiple variables in play.
- Manage data collection, record keeping, and timely reporting.
- Install and configure computer software and applications.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware and/or software faults.
- Facilitate the use of the PMRU portal for data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Enable increased social distancing (remove the need of travel to Peshawar etc for meetings) while maintaining business continuity of DC and DHO offices by facilitating officers in the use of IT solutions including videoconference applications such as Zoom and electronic signature software for documents.
The position is based in Mered Areas-KPK
Performance indicators to be set quarterly using the industry-leading OKR system. OKRs are going to be scored at the top of the quarter consistent with the subsequent metric:
Command of English and Urdu languages. Pashto is a significant asset
- Compensation based on market rates and salary history.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your technical skills during a policy environment alongside national and intl experts
- Opportunities to co-author to published policy and academic research
- Competitive market salary and non-salary benefits
- Group life assurance for workers and their dependents (excluding parents) with maternity benefits
- Group Health Insurance
- Daily Sustenance Allowance while of official travel
- Intl work environment
- Women-friendly workplace
Send your updated and professional CV. If you want to know how to make a killing cv, then read this article.