One of our leading clients is looking for Econometrician in KPK
The Government of KP has adopted a multi-year Accelerated Implementation Program (AIP), 2019-2022, to address the key developmental gaps in the Merged Areas (MA), erstwhile Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA). The government has a limited bureaucratic capacity and is ill-equipped to developmental challenges faced by the MAs. UNDP is implementing its Merged Areas Governance Project (MAGP) as a key partner in the process of Merged Areas development by providing technical assistance to the government. UNDP offering jobs in Pakistan
The recent pandemic of Corvid-19 has created a new set of challenges for all institutions including governments. The kinds of problems created have not been faced by anyone in recent history going back for at least a hundred years. The concern is that apart from the (hopefully) short term effects on the health of the population resulting from the high transmission rate of the virus, there will be more long-term effects on the economy.
The economic effects will affect much larger segments of the population particularly the vast majority that is engaged in informal sectors. In order to counter the effects of this crisis, the Government of KP has formed a Task Force. The Lead Economic Adviser of MAGP is a member of the task force. The purpose of the task force is to analyze the current economic situation and suggest remedies and mitigation strategies. For this purpose, the services of two different senior economic analysts are required.
The Econometrician will report to the Lead Economic Advisor (LEA) MAGP and carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist KP Economic Task Force in data management and run econometric models provided by LEA
- Run an analysis of the effects of mitigation measures on econometric activities across sectors.
- The performance will be assessed on the tasks assigned by the Lead Economic Advisor.
· Cognizant of UN values
· Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents
· Staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation
· Promoting effective teams
· Excellent communication skills. Ability to express clearly and concisely in both written and oral forms
· Ability to be flexible and react to changing circumstances, e.g. security situation
· PhD degree in the relevant field (Economics or Econometrics)
· Experience of academic and quantitative research
· Familiarity with KP
· Compensation at senior consultancy levels based on market rates and salary history.
· Excellent opportunities to develop your technical skills in a policy environment alongside national and intl experts
· Opportunities to co-author to published policy and academic research
· Competitive market salary
· Transportation on field visits
· Daily sustenance allowance while on official travel
· Intl work environment
· women-friendly workplace
» Related Articles «
- How to Write a Resume | Latest CV Format | Mistakes to Avoid
- Tell Me About Yourself | How to Answer This Interview Question| 2020-2021
- Best LinkedIn Profile Tips | Improve Your Profile Step by Step