What do you think of the administrative assistant’s role is in an organization or department? The first question comes to our mind that, what does an administrative assistant do?
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative assistance to ensure the smoothness of daily office operations. Admin Assistant is always familiar with a variety of field concepts, methods, and techniques.
The ability to communicate effectively over the phone and email ensures that all of the assistant’s administrative duties are accurately completed and delivered to a high standard and on time. He / She can direct the work of others.
In short and easy words we can say an Administrative assistant is a person who performs the most basic tasks of the daily management of the company. Their roles are different, so they have the basic knowledge and skills in all areas.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Admin Assistant:
- Answer the phone calls and transfer to concern if required.
- Arrange meetings and appointments and schedule
- Answer email, telephone or face to face inquiries
- Book travel arrangements for all level of management
- Book conference calls, hotel rooms, taxis, couriers, etc.
- Cover the reception desk when needed
- Coordination Office and personal space, phones, parking, company credit cards, and office keys for maintaining records.
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Greet and help those who come to the office
- Ensure equipment operation by meeting safety maintenance requirements. Repair demand; Maintain inventory; Testing new tools and techniques
- Maintain contact lists of vendors
- Prepare and distribute correspondence notes, letters, incoming mails
- Order Office Supplies ( tea and water)
- Provide general assistance to visitors
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Handle multiple projects
- Prepare and monitor receipts
- Prepare management staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and opportunities for experimental growth
- Maintain supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels by the company. Expect required equipment; Issuing orders for supply and expediting. Confirm receipt of goods
- Perform administrative tasks such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning
- Write letters and emails from other office staff
- Handle sensitive information confidentially
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Resolve administrative issues
- Supervise the work of junior staff
- Maintain the latest employee vacation record
- Integrated Office Equipment Repair
Job Specification / Skills required for Admin Assistant
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Bookkeeping system
- Knowledge of the latest office management system and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize the tasks should be multi-tasking
- Pay attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Inventory control
- Local language, as well as other common languages, are spoken, reading and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Specialist in MS Office
- At least 03 years of experience in the field or related field
- Reporting skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Supply management
- Oral communication skills
- Office Management Procedures
- Good Typing skills
- Attention to detail
- Decision-making power
- The ability to solve the problem
Needs to be an administrative assistant at a well-known enterprise and gained a college degree in the areas of Business Management. Knowledge of any of these items will help you make the service as an administrative assistant effectively.
♦ OUR OTHER USEFUL ARTICLES ♦