We will write a general civil engineer job description and you can change as per your requirement. We will write a job description for below mentioned two designations.
- Civil Engineer Job Description – General Role
- Civil Engineer Job Description – Oil & Gas
Sample & Template:01
We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineer for our fast-growing company. He will be responsible for providing civil engineering technical support for plant operation and maintenance. including:
- Definition of civil/structural project scope of work.
- Input to civil engineering related estimates, designs, specifications, and standards.
- Execution of projects.
- Other needed civil design services.
The Engineer will maintain expertise in assigned functional areas, for example, steel and concrete structures, anchor bolt design, monorail design, buildings, roofing, pavement, roads, railroads, pipelines, underground utilities, site work, and environmental-related projects.
Civil Engineer Job Description- Job Responsibilities
The Engineer will perform all or some of the following responsibilities:
- He/she will provide technical support for civil engineering.
- Identify opportunities for better civil engineering design and service (such as quality, cost, reliability).
- Maintain technical expertise in assigned functional areas such as concrete and steel structures, landfills, underground pipelines, etc.
- The Civil Engineer will provide forecast cost and schedule estimates for capital and rehabilitation projects.
- He/she will determine the scope of work for the civil engineering part of the projects.
- Provide civil engineering design and specifications to achieve projects and support construction activities.
- Interpret standards related to code and functional areas of expertise.
- An engineer will participate in and lead projects for improvement in a civil engineering discipline and other engineering services.
- Perform the above duties with a focus on safety in both working methods and design.
- He/she will perform the above duties with a focus on teamwork and customer satisfaction.
Minimum Requirements / Skills for Civil Engineer
Mentioning your basic requirements for this position, it is an important and crucial part of the civil engineer job description.
- The civil engineer must acquire knowledge and skills in the construction of concrete structures, steel structures, buildings, and roofing.
- He should have basic geotechnical knowledge, geometric and floor design, railway, and erosion control.
- Must have knowledge of hydrology/watershed modeling, storm drainage design, and landfills.
- The engineer should have a strong understanding and knowledge of underground utility systems, site planning, facility layout, and underground utility repairs.
- Must have previous chemical plant or refinery experience.
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor (BS) or Master’s (MS) degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
Sample & Template:02
Civil Engineer Job Description – Oil & Gas
Engineer. Oil & Gas will be responsible for providing civil engineering expertise in the planning, design, and construction supervision of marine gas wells, road access, and freshwater impoundments.
The engineer must demonstrate sound engineering judgment in well-designed and constructed planning, site layout, hydrology, hydraulics, and earthwork projects.
Job Responsibilities of Civil Engineer
The Civil Engineer will perform all or some of the following basic Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or oversee the development of construction plans which include drainage plans, grading plans, site plans, and erosion, and sediment control plans at proposed well-pad sites.
- He/She will ensure projects are complete and constructed in accordance with requirements.
- Verify that all recommendations, drawings, and specifications comply with engineering, environmental and economic requirements.
- The Civil Engineer will work independently and as part of an integrated team that includes land surveyors and environmental/ecological professionals.
- He/She will ensure relevant company policies and practices and applicable codes, recommended practices, & regulations are properly implemented.
- Ensure compliance with the agreed HSEC procedures and practices of all activities in areas of discipline responsibility.
Minimum Requirements / Skills
Mentioning your basic requirements for this position is an important part of the civil engineer job description for the oil and gas field.
- He should be familiar with HSE policies and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills.
- A civil engineer should have thorough experience in designing, preparing, estimating, and inspecting site pad construction.
- Experience in managing earthwork projects and implementing grading, drainage, and erosion control projects.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project management.
- A civil engineer should be familiar with the ship’s oil and natural gas industry.
- Demonstrate his / her human relations and communication skills (written and oral) and management of multidisciplinary projects.
- Must have at least 5 years of industry-related experience.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Registered Engineer with relevant engineering body.
Our Related Articles