Before discussing the Advertising Manager Job Description, first, we need to understand about who is advertising manager?
As a layman, below mentioned questions always comes to our mind.
- What does an advertising manager do?
- What skills do you need to become an advertising manager?
What does an advertising manager do?
The advertising-manager is the person, who makes plans and gives direction to an advertisement and promotional projects of the organization in order to stir the interest and sales of required goods and services. They work in advertising agencies or advertising department of businesses and serve as a bridge between agency and clients.
Advertising managers have to coordinate the advertisement campaigns and thus must have good interpersonal and communication skills. They have to work closely with the clients to cater to their needs and requirements.
Advertising managers manage campaigns and promotions and ensure proper execution so that the projects are completed within deadline and on budget.
Basic roles, duties & responsibilities of Advertising Managers
- Negotiate advertisement contracts
- Conduct market researches and analyze findings
- Work closely with other department heads to discuss contracts
- Selection of advertisement platform and products to be marketed
- Build pricing strategies
- Manage the recruitment of marketing staffs
- Administer the day to day activities of the marketing department
- Manage budget and campaign costs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of advertisements and promotions
The roles of advertising-managers include dealing with numerous accounts and they may have to work extra hours often due to the competitive market. Options of self-employment and freelancing are also available, but it is more suitable for established personals.
Employers of Advertising Managers- Where Advertising Manager Can Job?
- Film studios
- Business and corporate organizations
- Government and public bodies
- Advertising and public relation agencies
- Retail and wholesale trade
- Insurance and finance companies
Advertisement and promotions stir up sales of goods and services which in turn stirs the company’s annual turnover. This is why most organizations have a separate department for marketing which is managed by an advertising-manager.
Qualification and Training for Advertising Manager
This field is open to graduates from any academic background, but a degree in the relevant field increases the chances:
- Business management
A degree or equivalent work experience is required to get a break in a very competitive advertising industry. Graduates with a 4 years bachelor’s degree in advertising or related fields such as marketing and journalism are preferred. Given the superiority of the position, the personnel also need to have several years of experience in this field. However, no particular license or certifications are required.
Networking is very important to secure yourself a proper marketing position. Work experience is very valuable in this field as it makes you familiar with the working process and helps you establish networks. Undertaking internship programs, voluntary works, job shadowing, and training programs will prove to be very beneficial and give you an edge over other competitors.
Skills are needed to be an Advertising Manager?
Required skills or job specifications for advertising managers
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude for creativity and originality
- Excellent knowledge about the current scenario of the market
- Ability to forecast the future and make plans
- Analytical skills
Advertising Managers must have these Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Market Research Skill
- Budget Allocation Skill
- Managing People
- Strong Communication Skill
Above mentioned Advertising-Manager Job Description can also be used for these below-mentioned designations
- Marketing advertising officer job description
- Advertising account manager job description
- Advertising operations manager job description
- Job description for advertising manager
- Job description of an advertising manager
- Advertising traffic manager job description